Thank you for your interest in a position at Bakery Andante –
We are currently recruiting for a manager at our original Morningside shop:
The time has come for us to appoint a new manager at our original Morningside shop. This a fantastic opportunity for someone with high standards, an understanding of retail and a desire to succeed, to take this role forward and influence the direction of the bakery.
Reporting to the Owner you will work ave 35 hours a week. You will work behind the counter alongside our fantastic colleagues, and by yourself, and time is allowed for management/supervisory activities. The shop open from 8am until 6pm Monday to Saturday and 8.30am-5pm on Sundays. You must be flexible, however weekend working is expected as these are our busiest days.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone creative and energetic and looking to start their first management role, or build on an existing career start.
It is expected that you will:
- Formalise and document procedures
- Develop and implement a counter-staff training programme
- Ensure ongoing training, management and development of retail element and retail staff
- Manage staffing and rotas for the shop and for our markets
- Ensure that the shop is clean and well presented at all times
- Work with bakers to ensure the right products are presented in the right way at the right time, including analysis of till information and suggesting changes to product mix
- Liaise with pastry chefs as patisserie selection is developed, again ensuring that standards are set and packaging etc is fit for purpose
- Work with owner to develop further revenue streams through the Morningside shop.
- You will also manage and process orders for our Home Delivery offering.
Hourly rate subject to negotiation and experience. from £10.50/hr.
If you believe that you are the person that we are looking for then please apply with a cv, explaining why you are our first choice and advising availability for interview.
Various Covid procedures in place, including masks and screens
For more information please email email@example.com