Store Manager – Morningside
As our current manager returns to studies, the time has come for us to appoint a new manager at our original Morningside shop. This a fantastic opportunity for someone with high standards, an understanding of retail and a desire to succeed, to take this role forward and influence the direction of the bakery.
Reporting to the Owner you will work ave 35 hours a week. You will work behind the counter alongside our fantastic colleagues, and by yourself, and time is allowed for management/supervisory activities. Shifts are between 7.30am and 6.30pm Monday to Saturday and 8.15-5.45 on Sundays. You must be flexible, however weekend working is expected as these are our busiest days.
It is expected that you will:
- Formalise and document procedures
- Develop and implement a counter-staff training programme
- Ensure ongoing training, management and development of retail element and retail staff
- Manage staffing and rotas for the shop and for our markets
- Ensure that the shop is clean and well presented at all times
- Work with bakers to ensure the right products are presented in the right way at the right time, including analysis of till information and suggesting changes to product mix
- Liaise with pastry chefs as patisserie selection is developed, again ensuring that standards are set and packaging etc is fit for purpose
- Work with owner to develop further revenue streams through the Morningside shop.
- You will also manage and process orders for our Home Delivery offering.
Hourly rate subject to negotiation and experience, but form £10/hr
If you believe that you are the person that we are looking for then please apply with a cv, explaining why you are our first choice and advising availability for interview.