We are looking for a talented, inspirational, knowledgeable organised and passionate baker to become our new Senior Pastry Chef
We are a small, steadily growing, award-winning artisan bakery with 3 sites within Edinburgh, we also attend farmer’s markets and have a thriving wholesale offering. We have been running for over 10 years and are considered one of the top bakeries in the city (one magazine has named us as one of the top ten bakeries in the UK). We produce a range of award-winning breads (including up to 8 different sourdoughs), biscuits, cakes and pastries from scratch on our premises, using the minimum of ingredients and no pre-mixes, enhancers, improvers or additives, and time as an essential element.
The role requires you to develop and produce the patisserie offering, maintaining the quality of our offerings, keeping the team motivated and energised, and developing new products and processes to drive the business.
- Manage the creation of patisserie, cakes and traybakes for Bakery Andante markets and shops
- Ensuring stocks of basic patisserie (blueberry cheese cakes, Chocolate fondant for example) are always available
- Develop delicious and inspiring patisserie for sales within Bakery Andante. Providing a regular and rotating selection of amazing patisserie, to keep the displays fresh and interesting and delight our customers
- Provide seasonal specials and items ensuring that timescales are set and followed for production (eg when do we need to know about Xmas cakes?, Easter etc)
- Develop products and offering for our home delivery offering
- Manage celebration cake orders
- Liaise regularly and proactively with our shop managers to ensure that the correct stock levels are maintained, and the ‘right’ products are being provided.
- Work proactively with our shop managers to ensure that appropriate systems are in place for the correct flow of information
- Ensure up to date paperwork delivered in a timely manner
- Train, support and manage other patisserie staff as available
- Be the ‘responsible person’ onsite at Leith when Head Baker is not available
- If you are that person then we would like to speak to you now. Hours will be 9-5 Monday to Friday with occasional weekend work required.
Pay is negotiable based on experience, however we expect to pay from £10.50/hr for the right candidate.
If you are interested then please email your cv to email@example.com